[Dovecot] Fatal: postmaster_address setting not given

Richard Edmonds richard.edmonds at lasra.co.nz
Wed Mar 9 03:33:46 EET 2011

Hi,
I'm getting: "Fatal: postmaster_address setting not given" errors in my
log file
dovecot ver:  1.2.12
Recently I tried to follow:
http://postfixmail.com/blog/index.php/postfixadmin-on-ubuntu-9-10/ on
ubuntu 10.10
(which works fine on ubunto 9.10)

I note that in 10.10 their is no dovecot-postfix.conf so I made the
appropriate changes to dovecot.conf instead and changed master.cf
dovecot transport line since I saw someone recently had the same problem:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

I still have that problem however. Authentication seems ok but delivery
fails.
Any possibility of help on this one?
vecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe<br>
      flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c
    /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}<br>
    I still have that problem however. Authentication seems ok but
    delivery fails.<br>
    Any possibility of help on this one?<br>