[Dovecot] POP3 error

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Wed Mar 9 00:36:27 EET 2011

  On 03/08/2011 09:58 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> I think this is clearly related to Dovecot. It handles load very badly
> Whoa, pardner, fyi, there are many, many installations humming along
> smoothly.
No offense. It may be more correct to say situations, where the OS can't
deliver prompt resources to Dovecot, like saturated disk IO and similar
stuff.
I can't see such problems with moderate load, and maybe there aren't so
many installations, which handle a lot of traffic. I don't know.
I don't think it's a bug, currently to me it seems to be a
tuning/configuration issue. But maybe it's a common design related
issue, which is not yet fully explored.
>> (well, it seems at least on common OS settings), doesn't just slow down,
>> but starts to refuse clients.
> Maybe there is a bug somewhere that only becomes evident under certain
> circumstances, but it is also possibly due to config problems caused by...
Sure.