[Dovecot] POP3 error

Tue Mar 8 19:51:17 EET 2011

On 2011-03-08 12:42 PM, Thierry de Montaudry wrote:
> On 08 Mar 2011, at 19:37, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> So... if the httpd process is the one consuming all of the CPU, doesn't
>> it stand to reason that it might be something to do with one of your web
>> apps, and not dovecot?

> But then why was it fine with 1.1.13, which never had once this
> problem in 2 years? or is 2.0.9 slower, or consuming more resources
> to create the problem?

You don't see how it might be possible that 2.0.x does something that
1.1.x didn't do that your webmail app might not like, without it being a
dovecot bug?

I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but I'd look there first - see if an
update is available for your webmail app... since you were running an
ancient version of dovecot, maybe you're also running an ancient version
of it too?

--

Best regards,

Charles