[Dovecot] upgrading from old version 1.1.2 to version 2.0.11

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Tue Mar 8 00:02:47 EET 2011

On 03/07/2011 02:47 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 7.3.2011, at 17.56, Eric Shubert wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which, given that the local.conf file in the example configuration is the target of !include_try, why is it commented out???
>
> Its idea was simply to be an example of what you can do.. Maybe it's a bad example and could be something else, like maybe dovecot-secret.conf. There is anyway already !include conf.d/*.conf so you could just put your local.conf to conf.d/ directory and it would get used automatically.

True enough.

My point was simply that
!include_try local.conf
does not need to be commented out at all, since it's just a try. What's
the purpose of commenting it out?

I really do like the idea of a local.conf file, literally. I created one
myself for my own (local) configuration settings after reading through
the dovecot.conf file. It wasn't until I tested my local.conf settings
that I realized that the statement in the dovecot.conf file was
commented out! My bad that I didn't notice the comment to begin with,
but then it occurred to me - why is it commented? Works the same either
way. :)

--
-Eric 'shubes'