[Dovecot] Multiple Concurrent IMAP Connections For Same User

Knute Johnson dovecot at knutejohnson.com
Sun Mar 6 06:13:19 EET 2011

On 03/05/2011 07:45 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> If you're not doing local sync with TB and you have GLODA disabled,
> TB is going to show you exactly what's in your Dovecot mailbox.  If
> the message doesn't disappear from your TB view sometime after
> deleting it on your smartphone, then I'd say it's very likely that
> Dovecot didn't receive the delete and/or expunge command from the
> phone.  Check your Dovecot logs and see what the phone is actually
> sending, or not sending.
>
> Both of you mentioned problems specifically WRT smartphones.  It's
> likely the IMAP implementation in these phones is simply buggy, or
> your network coverage is spotty.  I don't use a smartphone so I can't
> really say.  What smartphone are you each using?

I've got a Samsung Captivate running K-9 Mail.  It could definitely have
some bugs.  Sometimes if I delete a message on my phone, I'll see it
show up in the Trash folder but not disappear from the folder it was
deleted from.  It's just not consistent. but it is better than it was
before.

I'll look in the logs and see if I see anything interesting.

Thanks again,