[Dovecot] 2.0.10 Auth failed while binding ldap

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 5 20:31:28 EET 2011

On 5.3.2011, at 20.27, Javier de Miguel Rodríguez wrote:

> El 05/03/11 11:48, Stéphane Wartel escribió:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Since new release has been installed, auth process crash with io loop :
>
> Same problem here, dovecot 2.0.9 works right with ldap (RHEL 5.6 x64) , but dovecot 2.0.10 crashes
>
> /Mar  5 19:21:21 buzon dovecot: auth: Panic: file db-ldap.c: line 1113 (db_ldap_result_change_attr): assertion failed: (ctx->vals == NULL)

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/b44ec48d9425 probably fixes it?

(I was going to test that broken change when I made it, but then I realized I didn't have LDAP server installed and I just hate installing slapd. Today I thought I'd rather try writing my own really simple LDAP server, but after a few hours I gave up on it too. Maybe some day I'll try again. So the above patch is also untested.)