[Dovecot] Segfault in managesieve with "sieve_extensions?=?-redirect"

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Wed Mar 2 19:32:30 EET 2011

Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> wrote:
> Op 2-3-2011 15:15, Sven Hartge schreef:

>> I've got a segfault in managesieve while using:
>> sieve_extensions = -vacation -reject -spamtest -virustest -enotify -redirect
>>
>> The problem seems to lie in "-redirect".

> The redirect command is part of the Sieve core specification and it is
> thus no extension. It's availability can therefore not be disabled
> using the sieve_extensions setting.

OK, already thought so after inspecting the RfC.

> When I wouldn't have made a bug here, you would have been warned with
> the following message:

> "ignored unknown extension 'redirect' while configuring available
> extensions"

Which would have caused a mail from me, why "redirect" is an unknown
extension. ;)

> "Implementations MAY ignore a redirect action silently due to policy
> reasons."

This fits my use case. redirects/forwards are configured differently
here and I need to disable redirect, because I _know_ some of my
students will figure out, how to circumvent some restrictions we enforce
on mail forwarding. Especially the students fromt the Computer Science
department. :)

> Unfortunately, we currently don't have a means to actually disable
> redirect. The number of redirects can be limited using the existing
> sieve_max_redirects option, but a value of 0 stands for 'unlimited',
> meaning that 1 is the minimum.  In hindsight, this was a really bad
> choice :)

> So we have two options:
>     - Change the meaning of 0 for sieve_max_redirects. It's quite
> likely no one has set this to 0.
>     - Add a separate setting to disable redirect, e.g.
> sieve_redirect_disable.

Use "-1" to disable it?

Grüße,
Sven