[Dovecot] auth: Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP server, reconnecting

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Thu Aug 25 13:04:32 EEST 2011

Hello,

	I continue debugging my problems with my update to dovecot 2.x :-(

	I have dovecot 2.0.13 running in ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) x64. My users are
in a ldap directory. The problem is that I have a lot of errors like:

Aug 24 23:07:32 myotis28 dovecot: auth-worker(default): LDAP: Connection
lost to LDAP server, reconnecting

	I have seen in the mail list a patch for 1.2
(http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/355d5a40f7a7) to ignore these
logs when the disconnection is because of idle timeouts. As far as I
could see in this patch and 2.0.13 source code, this patch is already
applied in 2.0. So I guess that the disconnection is for other problem,
isn't it?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática