[Dovecot] POP3 Bug report v2.0.13 - CentOS x86_64 - NFS - mbox - [fixed]

Kostas Zorbadelos kzorba at otenet.gr
Wed Aug 24 15:03:34 EEST 2011

On 08/23/2011 10:15 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 17:52 +0300, Kostas Zorbadelos wrote:
>> The problem is more easily introduced than I imagined.
>
> Well, I still couldn't reproduce it. But I can kind of see the problem.
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/030394c74f54 should help.

Strange, I thought it would be reproduced easily.
Anyway, your patch seems to work. I could also see with gdb that it had
to do with an mbox having no open stream and I thought it was some kind
of wrong initialization somewhere. I guess you can have an mbox opened,
but with no stream created for it :)

Thank you so much about this. I guess the fix will be included in 2.0.14.

I think we have found another bug concerning fcntl lock leaks when

pop3_lock_session = no, but this (if this stands) is a subject for a
different thread.

Regards,

Kostas