[Dovecot] Default and per-User sieve script

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Tue Aug 23 18:57:36 EEST 2011

On 8/22/2011 7:03 PM, Patrick Westenberg wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> is there any way to configure Dovecot to process the default sieve
> script and, after that, a user specific script?
>
> I have a default script to sort spam into a spam folder but if a
> user specific script is present, the default script is ignored.
>
> sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
> sieve_dir = ~/sieve
> sieve_global_path = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve

sieve_before and sieve_after

I keep our global default script in /etc/dovecot/sieve/global, any
scripts that run first go in /etc/dovecot/sieve/before and the post-user
scripts go in /etc/dovecot/sieve/after.

I tend to put most scripts in the "after" folder with only a tiny
handful of ultra-specific scripts that must run for every user in the
"before" folder.

Scripts in the "after" folder can then be easily overridden by the user
in their per-user scripts if they don't like how things are working.