[Dovecot] mail spool filesystem

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Thu Aug 18 02:25:09 EEST 2011

Adrian Ulrich <adrian at blinkenlights.ch> wrote:

>> I read that XFS is a good choice, but is not too reliable...

> Are you using Maildir or MBOX?

> In any case: XFS would be my last choice:

> XFS is nice if you are working with large files (> 2GB), but for
> E-Mail i'd stick with ext3 (or maybe even reiser3) as it works very
> well with small files.

I don't know, but my Courier server (Maildir++ format, 10k users, 12
million mails on server, some users with over 20k mails in one
directory/folder) runs _way_ smoother with XFS. I also tested ext4, but
this was no large gain over ext3 (with dir_index of course).

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.