[Dovecot] mbox originally needed 0 bytes, now needs maxint bytes

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Tue Aug 16 13:55:42 EEST 2011

I'm running dovecot 1.2.16 from the ports collection on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE,
amd64.

I've long been getting the following in my logs, seemingly at random (so, only
sometimes), when I access or move mail into mboxes:

Aug 16 00:43:58 myhost dovecot: IMAP(mike): mbox /home/mike/mail/feedback: seq=88 uid=91 uid_broken=0 originally needed 0 bytes, now needs 18446744073709551615 bytes

Whatever I'm trying to do always succeeds, but apparently dovecot is confused
about something. That number (2^64-1) suggests it has to do with the amd64
architecture. Did a compile option get overlooked?

Let me know if there's anything I need to do to get rid of these warnings.

Thanks,
Mike