[Dovecot] director monitoring?

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Fri Aug 5 22:21:29 EEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:12:03AM +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 12:29:10PM -0700, Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> > I'm using a hacked up version of poolmon.  The only important changes
> > are that it actually logs into the real server rather than just making a
> > connection to it and that has heuristics to prevent the real servers
> > from flapping and added a timeout to scan_host so if a real server
> > blocks after the connection is established it won't hang indefinitely.
>
> Could you share your hacks ? :-)

Sure.  You'll probably want to change the regex at line 194 to match
whatever your server says after the login is complete.  My postlogin
script puts out some extra info that I'm looking for instead of the
deafult.  Otherwise, YMMV, works for me so far.

http://kgc.users.sonic.net/imapdmon

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way