[Dovecot] Pigeon Sieve, redirect action and SPF

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:56:54 EEST 2011

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:43:13 +0200
Stephan Bosch wrote:

> On 7/29/2011 8:53 AM, Nikita Koshikov wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:43:45 +0200
> > Stephan Bosch wrote:
> >
> >> Would the header name need to be configurable, or is
> >> X-Sieve-Redirected-From good for all purposes? Regards, Stephan.
> > I saw this

> > So the name is not significant. If it's not so difficult to code - than configurable header of course is better. But it's only a matter of taste.
>
> Adding more settings is best to be avoided. I've added the header:
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole/rev/81b37c0055c3
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole/rev/efad75f779de (d'oh)
>
> > One thing to note for implementing:
> > It will be much more simple for setting up srs, if sieve will export to environment some variables indicating need for rewrite. And than we will be able to write wrapper for sendmail_path that will selectively choose what should we do:
> > For example, I don't want srs to happen if user is forwarding for local domain mailbox, or if action that trigger mail sending is - "out of office reply".
> > So, wrapper will analyze need srs or no, and after all invoke srs binary for signing, or just call pure mta.
>
> I am not sure Sieve has access to enough information to make such an
> assessment. And I don't think adding SPF/SRS-specific code to Sieve is a
> good idea. It would also not be very straight-forward since the
> low-level mail sending code is part of Dovecot itself.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

I meant export to environment some variables, like dovecot does:
USER=
IP=
MAIL=
Adding more like:
SIEVE_ACTION=
SIEVE_RECIPIENT=
etc
And then execute sendmail_path. Thus program\wrapper can be aware of mail originated from sieve. This is not specific spf\srs code. Seemed, that this section of code need to be in dovecot-lda region, so maybe Timo will be able to catch it.

Thanks for your work.