[Dovecot] sieve vacation reply

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Aug 2 19:02:20 EEST 2011

On 8/2/2011 4:08 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 2:43 PM, swartel at zero-spam.fr wrote:
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> After some more tests, it appears that mail aliases is the reason of
>> this error. The vacation mode has been enabled on a mailbox that
>> contains many aliases and one of them has been used as the recipient.
>> We used dovecot 2.0.12-0~auto+5 from debian old-stable repo. Is there
>> anything we can do ?
>>

> If you can access the original recipient from your MTA, you can use
> both -a and -r (if needed) arguments of dovecot-lda as outlined on
> this wiki page:
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA
>
> This will make the vacation command perform the checks against the
> original recipient.
>
> Please let me know whether this is an adequate solution for you.

Hmm, apparently this was not possible yet, so I've added it now:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole/rev/81f7acac82f2

This also adds support to disable this check completely (as explained in
doc/vacation.txt). I recommend using that only when all other methods fail.

I've still got some more TODO items about this issue, particularly about
adding support to check some external aliases database. I am still not
sure how I should approach that though.

Regards,

Stephan.