[Dovecot] sieve vacation reply

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Aug 2 13:59:29 EEST 2011

On 8/2/2011 12:21 PM, Stéphane Wartel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the same error !
> Any idea to fix it ?

This situation occurs when the message's To,CC,etc. headers do not
contain the recipient address (from the envelope). This can be caused by
a mailing list (to which it must not respond), but also by some
translation in your mail setup. The former case is intended behavior,
the latter is problematic. If your final recipient address does not
match what is in the message's headers due to some translation step in
the mail setup (e.g. aliasing), you have a problem.

You can add the address listed in the headers to the :addresses argument
of the vacation command. That is not always a good solution however.
This problem is a bit old already, but some new solutions have emerged
for Dovecot v2.

So, what exactly is your situation?

Regards,

Stephan.