[Dovecot] Message flags

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Tue Aug 30 18:39:04 EEST 2011

Quoting Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>:

> How do I set message flags in sieve rules in such a way that e.g.
> Thunderbird is displaying the mail as "important"? Is there a list of
> hwo flags are interpreted by different IMAP clients?

There is no standard/defined "important" IMAP flag/keyword.
Thunderbird is most likely using the X-Priority pseudo-standard header
in the message itself (which makes sense: it is the sender's intention
of the message's importance which should be displayed, not the
receiver's.  Objections to this reasoning by some is likely the reason
the header has never been standardized).

michael