[Dovecot] Can quota_rule be inherited by child mailboxes?

ian+dovecot@comtek.co.uk ian at comtek.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 02:24:52 EEST 2010

Is there a way to make quota_rule apply to subfolders? I've got some
symlinked mailboxes which I want to exclude from quotas. This would
work, but is verbose:

    quota_rule6 = USERS.aaa:ignore
    quota_rule7 = USERS.bbb:ignore
    quota_rule9999 = USERS.zzz:ignore

But simply writing this:

    quota_rule7 = USERS:ignore

doesn't apply to USERS.xxx and so on.

The wiki says '*' isn't supported as a wildcard and frankly I'm
struggling with the source code!

Thanks in advance,

Ian