[Dovecot] blackberry emails

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Oct 27 16:21:59 EEST 2010

On 10/27/2010 8:17 AM, dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
> Does anyone have clients using blackberrys to access their emails on a
> dovecot server?  If so are there any gotcha's that I need to configure
> in dovecot for this to work?  Looks like all emails go to and from a
> blackberry server before getting to clients.
>
> thanks,
>
> ddh

If you are referring to using a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) then
I don't think it will work with dovecot. As far as I know BES only works
with Exchange and Novell groupwise. If you want to forward the emails to
a standard BIS account though that should work except replying to those
emails will come from the carrier network and not your own.

Donny B.