[Dovecot] Prevent dovecot.sieve.log logs

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Oct 26 15:22:30 EEST 2010

Op 26-10-2010 13:44, Thiago Henrique schreef:
> Hi,
>
> This log is not controlled by Syslog and it is not rotated by Logrotate.
> I'm afraid that happens overquota in my Sieve filesystem.

Actually, I'm sure it won't.

 From the wiki http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Usage:

"* A log file is written in the same directory as the user's main
private script (as specified by the sieve setting). This log file bears
the name of that script file appended with ".log", e.g.
.dovecot.sieve.log. If there are errors or warnings in the script, the
messages are appended to that log file until it eventually grows too
large (>10 kB currently). When that happens, the old log file is moved
to a ".log.0" file and an empty log file is started. Informational
messages are not written to this log file and the log file is not
created until messages are actually logged, i.e. when an error or
warning is produced."

Regards,

Stephan.