[Dovecot] merge mdboxes

Tobias Daucher Tobias.Daucher at nagler-company.com
Tue Oct 26 14:03:32 EEST 2010

Am 25.10.2010 15:53, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 16:27 +0200, Tobias Daucher wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> after migration we have a very big problem...
>> there are two mailboxes in /var/mail/username/mailboxes/
>> /var/mail/username/mailboxes/inbox
>> /var/mail/username/mailboxes/inbox2
>
> So they are in the same mdbox storage, just in different mailboxes?
>
>> By the way - logging in via imap with thunderbird und move them on
>> that way is not my favorite solution cause i have to do this for
>> hundreds of users...
>
> IMAP would still be the simplest solution. You could do something like:
>
> printf "1 select inbox2\n2 copy 1:* INBOX\n3 delete inbox2\n" | /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap -u username

All right it works!
dsync is sometimes not soooo stable but the imap server is... so why do a converting oder something
like that not always via this way?
(echo "1 select .NCarchiv/tsdauche"; echo "2 copy 1:* INBOX"; echo "3 logout")| su tsdauche -c
"/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap"
and after that you can delte the old box...
(echo "1 select .NCarchiv/tsdauche"; echo "2 delete .NCarchiv/tsdauche";  echo "3 logout")| su
tsdauche -c "/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap"

so there are no faults and no problems with converting and merging boxes...
thanks for that hint timo!
bye
tobias daucher

--

Dr. Nagler & Company GmbH
Hauptstraße 9

Tel : 09622-7197-38
Fax : 09622-7197-50
Web : http://www.nagler-company.com
E-Mail : tobias.daucher at nagler-company.com

Hauptsitz:		Schnaittenbach
Handelregister: 	Amberg HRB 4653
Gerichtsstand: 		Amberg
Steuernummer: 		201/118/51825
USt.-ID-Nummer: 	DE 273143997
Geschäftsführer: 	Dr. Martin Nagler, Dr. Dr. Karl-Kuno Kunze