[Dovecot] fallocate and glibc 2.10

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Oct 25 05:31:41 EEST 2010

Karsten Bräckelmann put forth on 10/24/2010 6:34 PM:
> On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 18:02 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>>> Don't know about Ubuntu but Fedora 11 is already EOL'ed so there's no
>>> need to fix it for that. Didn't realise that glibc 2.10 was that rare.
>>
>> How old is glibc 2.10?
>>
>> I thought Debian Lenny (which I use) was old.  It's approaching two
>> years since release.  It currently has glibc 2.7, which was apparently
>> released in 2007, 3 years ago.  This would lead me to belive that glibc
>> 2.10 is _very_ old.  I'm not very familiar with glibc.  Maybe age
>> doesn't matter?
>
> It's a version number, generally major.minor.micro. It's not a floating
> point number.
>
> 7 < 10, and thus 2.7 is older than 2.10.

Ahh, thanks for pointing out my error.  I was thinking "2.1" not "2.10".
 So I'm on a much older version of glibc.  I guess since I stick with
distro packages I'm safe from this particular problem, since such
packages are compiled against the glibc 2.7 of the distro.

--
Stan