[Dovecot] delivering mail to public mbox with permission 660?

RParr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Sat Oct 23 03:14:58 EEST 2010

On 10/21/2010 09:06 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:30 -0700, RParr wrote:
>

>> I am running Ubuntu 10.04 packages postfix 2.7.0-1, dovecot-common,
>> dovecot-imapd, dovecot-pop3d, and dovecot-postfix (all version
>> 1.2.9-1ubuntu6.1).
>>
> ..
>
>> My understanding, from the Dovecot wiki and other docs/postings is that
>> the folders should be 660 given the /var/mail permssions of rwxrwsrwt
>> and ~/mail permssions of rwxrws---
>>
> Yep. Looks like it's broken in v1.2 for mbox. It works in v2.0 though. I
> could maybe write a patch for v1.2, but you'd need to compile Dovecot
> anyway.

A patch would be much appreciated.

I would prefer to apply the patch to a deb-src and build a deb for the
1.2.+ so that I can keep my package management happy and stay compatible
with the mail filtering packages (amavisd-new, spamassassin, clamav, ...).