[Dovecot] anti-spam+anti-malware suggestions

Denny Lin dennylin93 at hs.ntnu.edu.tw
Thu Oct 21 05:18:34 EEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 05:20:20PM +0100, Jose Luis Faria wrote:
> I am using now qmail in cluster with LDAP + Interscan Messaging Security
> Suite from Trendmicro.
>
> I need to develop a new solution with:
>  - postfix
>  - dovecot
>  - anti-spam
>  - anti-malware.

Currently, I am using a setup with Postfix + Dovecot as well.

We're using these DNSBL blacklists:
zen.spamhaus.org
b.barracudacentral.org
cbl.abuseat.org
bl.spamcop.net
dnsbl.njabl.org

Postfix's address verification is also quite useful for popular domains
like gmail.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.

This blocks over half of the spam we receive. Greylisting isn't really
effective (we tested it and compared the stats), so we dropped it.

We're using SpamAssassin right now, but we might migrate to bogofilter
as it is more accurate and uses less resources.

--
Denny Lin