[Dovecot] anti-spam+anti-malware suggestions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 20 19:48:37 EEST 2010

On 10/20/10 12:20 PM, Jose Luis Faria wrote:
> I am using now qmail in cluster with LDAP + Interscan Messaging Security
> Suite from Trendmicro.
>
> I need to develop a new solution with:
> - postfix
> - dovecot
> - anti-spam
> - anti-malware.
>
> I am thankful any help or suggestion for anti-spam and anti-malware.

   I'm running this combination at several sites with great success:

    - postfix
    - dovecot
    - SpamAssassin
    - ClamAV
    - amavisd-new

   Amavisd-new is an interface to SpamAssassin and ClamAV, as well as
other scanners if desired.  After the initial pain of getting it
running, I've concluded that there's really no other reasonable way to
do it.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire