[Dovecot] changed separator/sharing of subfolders (Re: problem with subscriptions=no and changed separator ?)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 18 21:08:10 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 11:06 +0200, Lutz Preßler wrote:

> another problem with changed separator (2.0.5-0~auto+23 (b8803a1e2dc2)).
> I tried sharing virtual folders (see next mail), and noticed that sharing of
> subfolders does not seem to work if the "receiving" user has a changed
> separator (different separator/prefix settings through userdb_namespace
> attributes).

The separators are always stored using the physical separator and only
converted to namespace's virtual separator when needed. So your question
comes down to "shared mailboxes don't work if I change namespace
separator to different from the physical separator". But people have
been doing that for a long time..

If you set mail_debug=yes, what does it log with separator=. and with
separator=^? Also does it happen to work if you set separator=/?