[Dovecot] Zero-sized Maildir files (and alledged index corruption) on over-quota

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 15 12:29:45 EEST 2010

> Even if close() fails, the file is still in tmp/ and Dovecot aborts the
> save.
I don't know whether the NFS server behaves that way (I would have to try out), but how would dovecot's LDA behave if, for a small message, upon the write (to tmp) the write() succeeds and the close() (which would actually try to flush the buffered data to disc) fails?

> The only reason I can think of is that you've done async NFS mount
> and the failed write() is noticed way too late by the kernel.
Would you consider "upon close()" as "way too late"?