[Dovecot] Can't receive emails

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:16:06 EEST 2010

On 5 October 2010 15:52, Chris <SpamOnMe at freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I searched every logfile I could find, but without any results :(
> How does it usually work?
> The mail is send by another server and on my server, does postfix receive
> the email or is it dovecots job?
> Who puts the mail into that mail directory? I guess it's postfix?

Postfix will either deliver using virtual or some other delivery agent if
you have set one up. Unless you are using Dovecot LDA (which I don't see in
your config) then Dovecot has nothing to do with delivery.

Mail logs will most likely be in /var/log/syslog or /var/log/mail.log or
similar.

The postfix mailing list is probably what you're looking for:
http://www.postfix.org/lists.html
And you should give this a quick read before posting:

Guy

--
Don't just do something...sit there!