[Dovecot] LMTP proxy too many DATA output timeout (perhaps)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 4 19:10:51 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 09:40 +0200, Luca Palazzo wrote:
> Hi Timo,
> sorry for late answer, but I'm trying to look deeper at problem.
> Stracing both director and real lmtp server, I've noticed that both of
> them seem to be stuck waiting for input on socket fd.
> Director's lmtp seem to be waiting some input from real server, but mail
> message is not yet sent completely and there no real reason to wait for it.

Can you also get a similar strace with strace -s 100000 parameter, i.e.
so that it would show the full output? I'm mostly interested what reads
and writes saw the ending "." line.

Anyway, counting the number of written bytes from director to backend,
they equal to number of read bytes on the backend.

Also http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/1f784904111b might help,
although probably for a different problem than what you have..