[Dovecot] v2.0.5 released

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Mon Oct 4 16:57:17 EEST 2010

  On 10/04/10 15:48, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 15:27 +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
>
>> It seems there is an FD leak in this version. The number of open file
>> descriptors quickly raise after upgrading from 2.0.4.
> In which process?
Sorry, I had to quickly downgrade, dovecot ate more than 100k
descriptors in some minutes... I just thought that there weren't too
many changes between 4 and 5 and it's trivial from a diff where those
descriptors can leak (maybe the pop optimization, that's what really
spins here).
Of course I will look after it in a more quiet time.
>> service imap {
>>     client_limit = 8
> This might not be the best idea. Connections can sometimes block on
> locks and such for a while and it then causes the other connections in
> the same process to hang.
I was worried about it too, but so far it seems to handle the load
nicely. BTW, it would be nice to have some basic or advanced statistics
about service times, it would be great to monitor that, and would also
help to size those settings in a real system (finding the balance
between in-process parallelism and the number of worker processes).