[Dovecot] Feature request - statistics for the COMPRESS imap protocol

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Oct 2 17:46:11 EEST 2010

  It would also appear at first glance that the rawlog doesn't work as I
might expect when using COMPRESS ?  I see something like this in my logs
(but nothing further):

     6 compress deflate
     2v??uQ??s???

I'm trying to figure out why a client isn't working correctly (Profimail
on N97), but as near as I can see the rawlog might simply stop logging
once the connection switches to COMPRESS?  I'm not 100% sure though
because I can't *see* anything else being logged, but at the same time
I'm debugging a client that is hanging only when using COMPRESS so it
could be a bunch of things going on...

Thanks for any insight?

...Actually, hijacking my thread here, but might as well give some more
info now that I started:

- Profimail has 4 accounts setup using IMAP on the same server.
- Each of the 4 account is setup very similarly (type of auth, check
only INBOX, same namespaces, etc, etc)
- Without COMPRESS enabled on the server all 4 accounts are checked for
new mail perfectly
- With COMPRESS enabled, 3 accounts work perfectly, but one account
hangs at "authenticating" (although the dovecot logs show that it
finishes authing and hangs soon after initiating a COMPRESS command)

Any thoughts on how to debug this further?

Thanks

Ed W