[Dovecot] dovecot 2.04 broke folder sharing

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Oct 1 21:33:13 EEST 2010

Am 01.10.2010 18:16, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 11:34 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> comparing same setup dove 2.03 vs 2.04
>> folder sharing simply seems broken in 2.04
>
> I can't think of anything related to this that I changed in v2.0.4. Also
> it works in my test.
>
>> heres dovecot -n
>>
>> mail_plugins = expire virtual fts fts_squat mail_log autocreate notify
>
> You should include acl in this global mail_plugins as well.

done , but thats not the point, as i had it in imap_plugins

> What does it say when you log in manually and issue some IMAP commands,
> like:
>
> a login user pass
> b list "" shared/*
> c lsub "" shared/*
> d select shared/user at domain/something-that-you-should-have-access-to

Hi Timo , shame on me i didnt tested it this way

to me it looks fine

. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT
IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA
ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged in
. list "" shared/*
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "shared/postmaster at schetterer.name"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "shared/postmaster at schetterer.name/Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "shared/postmaster at schetterer.name/Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "shared/postmaster at schetterer.name/Archives"
. OK List completed.
. sub "" shared/*
. BAD Error in IMAP command SUB: Unknown command.
. lsub "" shared/*
. OK Lsub completed.
. select shared/postmaster at schetterer.name/Archives
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)]
Flags permitted.
* 0 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1285918875] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 1] Predicted next UID
* OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 1] Highest
. OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.

but thats seems not to be the point

under 2.03 a subdir shared/user.name.de/folder was created/linked when
subscribing, with 2.04 this does not happen, so even if everthing with
acl and subscription works good there is physicaly no folder , no wonder
looking in it fails
tb behaves equal, the subscription is shown short time and fails the by
folder not found
i have identical servers behind loadbaalncers, one with 2.03 and one
with 2.04 so its easy testing, by simply switch one up drop the other
down, i tried to trace but cant find a point wehn this subfolder
creation fails
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer