[Dovecot] Error from mobile client (Palm Pre)

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Sun Nov 28 09:48:55 EET 2010

Where I used to be able to access the server without incident, I can no
longer receive mail on the mobile device.  I'm seeing this in the server
log:

Nov 27 23:45:05 bubba dovecot: imap-login: Login:
user=<dmiller at amfes.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=173.117.196.198,
lip=192.168.0.72, mpid=17422, TLS
Nov 27 23:45:07 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Error: FETCH
[1.2] for mailbox INBOX UID 10652 got too little data: 0 vs 23553
Nov 27 23:45:07 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Error: Corrupted
index cache file
/var/mail/amfes.com/dmiller/mdbox/mailboxes/INBOX/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.cache:
Broken MIME parts for mail UID 10652
Nov 27 23:45:07 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Disconnected:
FETCH failed bytes=88/4202

I HAVE made some tweaks to config - primarily adding plugins I never
used before.  These now include zlib and imap_zlib (I've tried removing
imap_zlib - no change).
--
Daniel