[Dovecot] Dovecot + vpopmail + shared folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 16 19:25:03 EET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 14:43 -0500, qmail at top-consulting.net wrote:
> I'm using dovecot 1.2.14 with vpopmail.
>
> I've enabled shared folders and the default setup was not working. The
> default setup being this line:
>
> location = maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u
>
> Going through the Archives I saw a message from Timo that said to
> apply a patch and use this line instead:
>

> location =
> maildir:/usr/home/vpopmail/domains/%d/%%n/Maildir:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u

I'm not sure why I would have said that (maybe you misunderstood or I
was talking only about some specific situation or some workaround for
something). %%h is cleaner, although it does require a userdb lookup.

Why isn't %%h working? Set auth_debug=yes and mail_debug=yes and show
what the logs say when trying to access a shared mailbox then. Also
instead of using a client, talk IMAP protocol directly
(http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation), something like:

a LIST "" *
b SELECT "shared/user/some-shared-box"

What do the commands reply?