[Dovecot] Is Dovecot Director stable for production??

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sun Nov 14 00:29:16 EET 2010

Am 13.11.2010 19:44, schrieb Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes:
> Today I will try Dovecot Director for a setup using a Cluster Backend with
> GFS2 on rhel5, my question is if is Director stable for use in production
> for large sites, I know is mainly designed for NFS but I believe it will do
> the job also for a cluster filesystem like GFS2 and should solve the mail
> persistence problem with a node and locking issues.
> I plan to add a layer behind a load balancer to do the stuff, I will
> appreciate if you guys can point me to best practices in configuring the
> director, or how the thing works since is new for me, I have seen the
> example conf but I don't have clarity in some of the concepts and the wiki
> is empty.
> I use 2.0.6, thank's for a great job with dovecot.
> best regards, Aliet

i have 2 dovecot/postfix behind 2 loadbalancers keepalived
maildir store on with ocfs2 on drbd , configs etc are on
mysql-master-master replication ,no problems so far

you should not run into trouble with GFS2
using right config dovecot entries

never used the director if you mean this
i.e
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/dovecot-2.0.7.tar.gz:a/dovecot-2.0.7/doc/example-config/conf.d/10-director.conf

--
Best Regards