[Dovecot] emails getting mangled when dragging from Exchange account to IMAP shared folders

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Tue Nov 9 11:18:07 EET 2010

Le 9 nov. 2010 à 01:57:17, Scott Goodwin a écrit :

> Looks like there was some more discussion of this via the digest, but to
> keep the original thread intact, I'll just reply here.
> I'm still a little confused over whether or not my issue is an
> Outlook/Exchange problem or something else, since I'm not certain how I
> should be interpreting this raw log.

Hello Scott,

If I understood you correctly, the raw log shows fetches against a problematic message already stored in the IMAP mailbox; I would be tempted to say that Dovecot just returns the garbage it has been asked to store...

Perhaps would it be nice to trace the whole history of such a problematic message; quoting your initial post:

Le 3 nov. 2010 à 20:53:01, Scott Goodwin a écrit :

> [...]  So, in summary,
> user1 at Tornado.org send an email to Roy at Ocean.org and Sue at Ocean.org. Both
> drag the email from their Exchange box into any folder (shared or
> otherwise) in the IMAP tree.  Sue's copy makes it in just fine, while Roy's
> copy gets mangled.  [...]

it might prove useful to have, for example:

1. the raw source of the message posted by user1 at Tornado.org as stored in user1's MUA
2a. the raw source of the message received by Roy at Ocean.org as displayed by Roy's Outlook when received in the Exchange account
2b. the raw source of the message received by Sue at Ocean.org as displayed by Sues's Outlook when received in the Exchange account
3a. the raw log describing what happens when Roy drags the message into his IMAP mailbox
3b. the raw log describing what happens when Sue drags the message into her IMAP mailbox

HTH,
Axel