[Dovecot] Mail process plans: multiple connections in a process + idle processes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jan 23 14:04:38 EET 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 13:42 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> c) Prefer to put user's connections to same process, but don't require
> it.

This + async io as described in my other recent "plan" mail should make
it possible to handle hundreds of connections in a process without I/O
waits. And combined with imap-idle processes, there could be just 10 or
so imap processes always running and handling thousands of connections,
with disk I/O being the only bottleneck :)