[Dovecot] LDAP binds

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 21:03:07 EET 2010

On 12/30/2010 02:55 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> So you're only talking about using ldap for userdb? Can't you just set
> dn and dnpass to whatever user (that has access to list all users)?

Correct, ldap only for userdb. I found some old documentation that used
"bind" and "bind_pw" I think it was. That didn't work. I was just going
through some of my old dovecot ml stuff that I have saved. I just found
the dn and dnpass you mention (it doesn't seem to be in the
documentation, btw). I will likely not be able to try it out until tomorrow.

This is in an AD setup (Samba4). Do you or anyone else know if I need to
use a special port and whether ssl or tls (S4 no longer allows anonymous
binds and I want to make sure this is as secure as possible)?

Thank you,
Trever Adams
--
"I am not sure what this is, but an `F' would only dignify it." --
English Professor