[Dovecot] How to get a working dovecot.conf?

Oddball monkey9 at iae.nl
Wed Dec 29 17:28:10 EET 2010

Yes.
Maybe i found the problem..
I thought an ISPConfig install would be complete, so i could use the
passwords stored  at the ispconfig admin screen..
For that i seemed to need a plugin for squirrelmail.
I installed it from their svn.
Now i have to fill in some parameters: user, pwword and such, and than
it should work...

But as you say, it takes time, and carefull reading, coding and testing.
I am at it two whole weeks now..

The holidays throw some sand in the machine....but np. ;-)

thnx for your response, i'll take a close look at your configfile, and
compare it with mine...

Op 26-12-10 15:09, Kerem Erciyes schreef:

> This is quite wrong indeed.
>
> You are attempting to use sqlite with MD5 at:
>
> connect = /etc/dovecot/authdb.sqlite
> default_pass_scheme = MD5
>
> then you use mysql with scheme CRYPT:
>
> driver = mysql
> connect = host=localhost dbname=dbispconfig user=ispconfig
> password=50b0152ba02189a94881c371ef1ef128
> default_pass_scheme = CRYPT

Yes, but as i read at more sites that would not be a problem, more
dbases can be used at the same time...