[Dovecot] Kicking by dovecot as proxy?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 27 21:25:39 EET 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 21:08 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 16:58 +0100, Antonio Perez-Aranda wrote:
>
> > ¿Is it possible to use doveadm kick on a proxy connection?
>
> No. No such state is kept anywhere. Maybe some day, but it's a low
> priority for me.

More precisely: Each login process tracks the proxying state internally.
There is no global state tracked or any way to talk to login processes.
I think the most efficient way to implement this some day would be to
add:

 * admin connection to login processes where you can issue commands such
as "kick" or "list users"
 * a "login process tracker" process, which has a connection to all the
login processes and can proxy commands/replies to them (without this
each process would have to have its own UNIX socket listener, such as
login-admin-<pid>, which is kind of ugly)
 * doveadm commands that can talk to login processes via the tracker
process