[Dovecot] Reverting from 2.0. to 1.2

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Wed Dec 22 23:03:00 EET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 09:52:51PM +0100, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> in 1.2.12, I left the separator= commented out, so I had the default.
> in 2.0.8 I set separator = / myself.
>
> Still I can't see why it would lead TB to use a dot in a previously existing mailbox name.

Could it be that because of my change, the server told TB the separator was "/"
but TB which hadn't been restarted still tried to use "." which then the server
would notify as invalid (and causing the not so exact in this case "." in a
mailboxname error message) ?

Can I revert to "." then or would I have to except the same "problem" (hot swap
of the namespace separator) ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau