[Dovecot] Restarting dovecot-auth stops authentication

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Wed Dec 22 12:39:20 EET 2010

  On 12/21/2010 01:31 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 21.12.2010, at 13.51, Attila Nagy wrote:

>>> Right. This is the main problem. So the question becomes why is the
>>> connection being refused.
>> I would really love to solve this now. :)
>> What connects here to what? pop3-login to the pop3 service?
> Yes. For each login.
>> service imap {
>>   client_limit = 8
> This definitely doesn't help. I'm not sure if setting client_limit=1 fixes this problem entirely or not, but try that first.
It seems it does, at least I haven't got any connection refused errors
since I set client_limit to 1 on the imap and pop3 services.
BTW, the difference is about +10k open file handles, and 2-3 (judging
from munin graphs, which aren't so precise) times "active" memory usage
(this is on FreeBSD).
Are there any chances to solve this, or should I forget running in this
mode until you implement async IO?

Thanks,