[Dovecot] Moving email between folders outside of IMAP context

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:18:52 EET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 17:09, Tom Hendrikx <tom at whyscream.net> wrote:

> I am not familiar with Ubuntu specifics, but iirc Stephan Bosch (creator
> of sieve plugin) has a repo with debian builds of dovecot+sieve.

I would need something that is sieve only, as Dovecot is already
installed, configured, and running.

I'm also considering writing a program to be run by Postfix in place
of "deliver", which will read the mail to determine how to run
"deliver".  As long as mail comes in on stdin and is written on
stdout, it should be relatively easy (pipe(), fork(), maybe setsid(),
execve() in child, read() and write() in parent).  But this would take
some thorough testing to be sure it is safe.