[Dovecot] Per user quota on MySQL

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Dec 21 10:56:43 EET 2010

Am 20.12.2010 22:05, schrieb Charles Marcus:
> On 2010-12-20 12:09 PM, M. Rodrigo Monteiro wrote:
>> Now, I'm using lmtp. The reply works great.
>>
>> Quota per user looks good.
>> Question: can I have quota per domain?
>
> I don't use it, but latest version of postfixadmin supports domain and
> user quotas...

but domain quota in the postfixadmin http gui should only prevent
delegated postmaster from using more quota space
for their mailboxes in summery of a maildomain then the superuser has
allowed to use for their maildomain, i cant see what sense this should
have this
with integrate in dovecot lmtp quota mech

( as i understand this feature, for sure, as its in mysql you can use it
for other work from tec sight)

normally if you use postfixadmin a delegated postmaster cant setup
more space for its mailboxes as the superadmin has allowed to

so overquota domain is simply a problem that should not exist with
postfixadmin in real

whatever, i cant think about cases where overquota domain might be
usefull, you shouldnt want to have bounces by domain over quota
as the reciept mailbox might have enough space free, and think about
overquota warnings at fill level , sending them to the domain postmaster
makes things more complicated as they need to be , while a overquota
warning to the orginating mailbox owner is enough ( and you are able to
cc/bc this warning to postmasters too , if you like )

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria