[Dovecot] Per user quota on MySQL

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Mon Dec 20 17:18:55 EET 2010

On 20/12/10 16:03, M. Rodrigo Monteiro wrote:
> =======
> Dovecot log
> =======
> Dec 20 11:37:11 lda(teste at domain.com.br): Info: msgid=unspecified:
> save failed to INBOX: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
> Dec 20 11:37:11 lda(teste at domain.com.br): Info: msgid=unspecified:
> rejected: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
> Dec 20 11:37:11 lda(teste at domain.com.br): Info: msgid=: Return-Path
> missing, rejection reason: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
> =======
>
> As you can see in Postfix log, the message goes to Dovecot, dovecot
> says that mailbox is full, bot don't reject message to Postfix and the
> sender (me, in this case) don't recieve the bouce saying that the user
> quota is full.

As you see in dovecot logging, no Return-Path is specified.  This is the
reason that no error response is sent: because there is no-one to send
it to.

This probably means that you need to alter the way that postfix delivers
the message to the dovecot LDA: pass -f ${sender} to the LDA so that the
LDA knows the return path.

See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA and/or http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

--
Regards,