[Dovecot] dovecot 2.0.8 LDA with MYSQL issues not solved

PA razor at meganet.net
Fri Dec 17 16:52:25 EET 2010

Timo, thanks for the reply, the problem is that with dovecot 1.x the wiki recommends the connect string and password_query/user_query be in the sql.conf include file. According to wiki2 I should also be able to put these settings on the sql.conf include file but I get an error no matter what I put on there.

[root at testip5 conf.d]# cat sql.conf
password_query = SELECT user, password FROM users WHERE user = '%u'
user_query = SELECT 101 AS uid, 504 AS gid, home FROM users WHERE userid = '%n'

[root at testip5 conf.d]# dovecot -n
# 2.0.8: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/sql.conf line 1: Unknown setting: password_query

any idea what im doing wrong?

Thanks for the reply!

paul