[Dovecot] load increase after upgrade to 2.0.8

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 9 10:12:11 EET 2010

On 9.12.2010, at 6.50, Cor Bosman wrote:

>> lcs values for v1.2 and v2.0. Wonder if you get different values?
>>
>> If you don't mind some huge logs, you could also try the attached patch that logs the voluntary context switch count for every executed IMAP command. Maybe some command shows up that generates them much more than others.
>> <diff>
>
> I have applied this patch to 1 server, and it's logging away. Let me know what kind of output you'd like to see. Or i can send you the raw logfile.

Are the process pids also logged in the messages, so it's clear which messages belong to which imap process? If not, add %p to mail_log_prefix.

> As I said previously, im not longer running the imap server=0 patch because it caused these errors:
>
> Dec  9 06:54:32 userimap30 dovecot: imap(cor): Error: user cor: Initialization failed: Namespace '': mkdir(/var/spool/mail/.4a/L/0/14/corbosch) failed: Permission denied (euid=1000(cor) egid=50(staff) missing +w perm: /var/spool/mail/.4a/L/0/14, euid is not dir owner).
>
> After I removed the patch these errors disappeared.

The patch was supposed to fix this.. Is uid 1000 wrong for this user? Didn't you already exist, why is it complaining about mkdir()?

> Just for thoroughness ive started 2 servers with the logging patch. One with service_count=0 and one with service_count=1

What, are you saying that without the patch service imap { service_count=0 } works? Or are you talking about imap-login?