[Dovecot] load increase after upgrade to 2.0.8

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 9 10:08:08 EET 2010

On 9.12.2010, at 7.57, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

>> The v1.2 values look pretty good. v2.0's involuntary context switches
>> isn't too bad either. So where do all the 3700 new voluntary context
>> switches come from? The new method of initializing user logins can't
>> add more than a few more of those. Running imaptest locally I get
>> similar volcs values for v1.2 and v2.0. Wonder if you get different
>> values?
>
> How exactly would I run imaptest...?

Create a test account for it (or you're more or less accidentally destroy your INBOX) and then run e.g.:

imaptest user=testuser pass=testpass logout=0 secs=10 clients=1

Then compare the voluntary context switch counts logged by the imap process.

http://imapwiki.org/ImapTest has more info about installing and running. Especially note http://imapwiki.org/ImapTest/Running#Append_mbox