[Dovecot] load increase after upgrade to 2.0.8

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Wed Dec 8 18:50:04 EET 2010

On Qua, 2010-12-08 at 15:39 +0100, Cor Bosman wrote:
> I upgraded most of our servers from 1.2.x to 2.0.8 and am noticing a really big increase in server load. This is across the board, not any specific server. Check this screenshot of a load graph:  http://grab.by/7N8V
>
> Is there anything i should be looking at that could cause such a drastic load increase?  Conf file is available here:   http://wa.ter.net/download/doveconf.txt

We also had a load increase (about 10x) when going from 1.1.10 to 2.0.7
a couple of weeks ago.

It ended up being due to a slight increase in memory usage by the imap
processes that made the servers start using swap and the load to spike.

A memory upgrade brought it all to normal loads.

Wonder if this is your case (vmstat, check for si and so).

--
Jose Celestino | http://japc.uncovering.org/files/japc-pgpkey.asc