[Dovecot] How to handle "Waiting for authentication process..."

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Dec 8 11:21:37 EET 2010

On 08.12.2010 10:07, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I don't see an actual problem here. Just ignore all untagged replies until the client gets the tagged reply to the command it sent. It seems more like an IMAP client is freaking out when it sees an untagged reply that it\s not expecting.

Arghhh, I see. We've got a bug in the code. After sending AUTHENTICATE
command we're reading only one line of response and we're checking if it
starts with '+' character. If not, we assume that authentication was not
successful. This doesn't happen when SASL-IR is used. Thanks.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak